Shelli Stanger Nelson
RN, BS, Advanced Bio-energy
Shelli Stanger Nelson is the founder, president and lead teacher of Rukha® Academy of Healing Arts & Science. She has centered her life work around the integration of medicine, healing and the evolution of human consciousness. She believes, through personal experience and intensive study, that this approach is the most viable way to achieve infinite well-being.
Early Quest to Improve Health
Shelli's health and wellness career began in 1985 when she became a registered nurse in the state of Minnesota. In both her professional and private life, she observed that traditional medicine and treatments too often failed. This frustration launched a 25-year quest for integrative methods of improving health -- for herself and her patients.
Personal Journey from Disease to Health
Shelli had lived with type I diabetes, and the complications of multiple related illnesses, since she was ten years old. Her condition was resolved in 2008 through the carefully integrated use of traditional medicine and bio-energy healing arts. Her experience in coping with the pain and debilitation of the illnesses, and her conscious choices to reclaim her health, fueled a passion for hope that honors the struggles of all humanity.
The Healing Power of Sightless Perception
Before Shelli was cured of diabetes, the disease had permanently damaged many parts of her body and eliminated all physical eyesight. She became totally blind by the age of 24. The absence of visual distraction has enabled her to access her innate gifts and develop a way of perceiving that is highly accurate and profound.
Her true calling is to help people find their own innate gifts. In her role as bio-energy healer, teacher, and founder of Rukha® Academy, she encourages others to overcome limitations -- real or imagined -- to bring those treasures to humanity.
A Rare Combination of Talents
The unique circumstances of Shelli's personal and professional journey have given birth to many inspiring traits. She is known for her irreverent sense of humor, unflappable belief in what is possible, and a compassion for fellow travelers that is beyond measure. Her capacity to be transparent, vulnerable and authentic gives her students permission to be the same.
Current Professional Involvement
- Operates a thriving bio-energy healing practice called Healing Professionals LLC
- Speaks internationally on the integration of medicine and healing
- Conducts healing workshops around the U.S. on the intersection of energy, psychology and spirituality
- Lectures for the American Heart Association's "Go Red for Women" initiative on the effects of stress on the physical body
- Lectures on conflict resolution for Fairview Health Services
- Created the first cardiac after-care program for Fairview Health Services
- Developed the "Living with Consciousnesss™" program for Healing Professionals, LLC
- Lectured internationally on medical and healing integration for the Barbara Brennan School of Healing
- Conducted the first clinical research study on energy healing that was approved by the Institutional Review Board (IRB) of the University of Minnesota
- Gave health and wellness presentations to companies such as Honeywell, 3M and Medtronic
- Created a stress management program for vascular patients at Fairview Southdale Hospital in Edina, Minnesota
- Successfully implemented energy healing treatments into mainstream care at Fairview Southdale Hospital
- Created the pain and relaxation program for surgical patients using holistic techniques
- Past Vice President of the Board of Trustees, Vision Loss Resources
- Appointed to the Governor's Council for State Services for the Blind
- Served as a cook at community food programs for disadvantaged families
- Counselor to people facing new blindness
- Grass roots member of The Mike and Mary House, a community home for people who are unable to live alone due to complications of diabetes
- Past community representative for Guide Dogs, Inc.